Spreading joy through a holiday gift to financially underprivileged special needs children.
5,156 CHildren that recieved gifts in 2018
Many Houston area families caring for special needs children struggle financially to make ends meet and Christmas poses an additional financial challenge.
Through your generosity and dedication, Christmas gifts are delivered that might not otherwise be received.
Holiday Gift Program Volunteer Opportunities
Help With Gift Shopping
2020 Dates: TBA
· Be An Angel will be shopping for children at various shopping locations
· Each child has an individual wish list and Be An Angel funds the purchase of all of the gifts
· Assist to shop for students when teacher has requested a volunteer shopper
· Assist at the end of the checkout line to help bag toys, zip tie and place bags in bins
· Transport bags via cart from the store to the trailer in the parking lot
Train Drivers & Donation Collectors
Saturdays & Sundays Now Through June
- Each weekend beginning soon the Be An Angel Train makes continuous a trips around and through Old Town Spring carrying passengers that have donated to support the special needs children we serve.
- Two person teams are needed to drive the train and collect funds. The train is a John Deere lawn mower with an accelerator clutch (just push the accelerator and it goes) and is easy to start, stop, drive, and navigate. Saturday times are from 10am to 5pm. Sundays are from 1pm to 5pm.
- We welcome service clubs, parent/child groups, school or church organizations!
Dates & Times
Saturdays 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sundays 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Old Town Spring
Gift Bag Decorating & Delivery
2020 Dates: TBA
- 100 Volunteers needed to Decorate Gift Bags – materials supplied or bring your own
- 50+ Volunteers with Personal Vehicles Needed to deliver gifts
The following districts require delivery:
- Aldine ISD
- Alief ISD
- Conroe ISD
- Harris County
- Houston ISD
- Magnolia ISD
- Pasadena ISD
- Royal ISD
- Spring ISD
- Spring Branch ISD
- Tomball ISD
- Waller ISD