Our History Since 1986
Created in 1986
In 1986, a concerned parent discovered the overwhelming requirements of special needs children at T.H. Rogers School in Houston, TX and began Be An Angel to help.
Now over 30 years later, BAA serves thousand of special needs children throughout Texas, primarily in the Greater Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas areas, providing specialized programs, services and equipment.
In 2018/2019, Be An Angel:
- Provided to 5156 students of 647 teachers, in 334 schools, in 30 school districts during the 2018 Christmas program
- BAA’s Needs Assessment Committee considered 70 applications for equipment requests ranging in cost from $556 hearing aids to $27,000 van conversions
- Provided a summer respite care program that served 103 children
- Provided 5 families of a special needs child with a vehicle adaption that allowed for wheelchair ingress and egress
In 2016/2017, Be An Angel:
- Provided 252 children with hearing aids.
- Raised $1.7 million for programs and services.
- Helped 42 medically fragile children through our partnership with House of Light.